Control is the third studio album by American recording artist Janet Jackson, released on February 6, 1986 by A&M Records, and is widely regarded as the breakthrough album of her career. Her collaboration with songwriters and record producers Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis resulted in an unconventional sound: a fusion of rhythm and blues, rap vocals, funk, disco and synthesized percussion that established Jackson, Jam and Lewis as the leading innovators of contemporary R&B. Control enabled Jackson to transition into the popular music market, becoming one of the defining albums of the 1980s and contemporary music.
The theme of Control is an autobiographical account of Jackson's resolve to take charge of her life and career. A majority of the album's lyrics came as the result of a series of changes in her life; a recent annulment from R&B singer James DeBarge, permanently severing her business affairs from her father and manager Joseph and the rest of the Jackson family, hiring A&M executive John McClain as her new management, and her subsequent introduction to Jam and Lewis. The album has been praised by critics as both an artistic feat and a personal testament of self-actualization.
It became Jackson's first album to top the Billboard 200 and five of its commercial singles—"What Have You Done for Me Lately", "Nasty", "Control", "When I Think of You", and "Let's Wait Awhile"—peaked within the top five of the Billboard Hot 100. It went on to receive several accolades, including the Grammy Award for Producer of the Year, Non-Classical for Jam and Lewis in 1987. Control is listed by the National Association of Recording Merchandisers and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as one of the 200 Definitive Albums of All Time. The album has been certified 5x platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America and has sold over ten million records worldwide. 专辑曲目
1. "Control" (James Harris III, Terry Lewis, Janet Jackson) – 5:53
2. "Nasty" (Harris, Lewis, Jackson) – 4:03
3. "What Have You Done for Me Lately" (Harris, Lewis, Jackson) – 4:59
4. "You Can Be Mine" (Harris, Lewis, Jackson) – 5:16
5. "The Pleasure Principle" (Monte Moir) – 4:58
6. "When I Think of You" (Harris, Lewis, Jackson) – 3:57
7. "He Doesn't Know I'm Alive" (Spencer Bernard) – 3:30
8. "Let's Wait Awhile" (Harris, Lewis, Jackson, Melanie Andrews) – 4:37
9. "Funny How Time Flies (When You're Having Fun)" (Harris, Lewis, Jackson) – 4:28 试听 Control